SystemRescueCd is a Linux system on a bootable CD/DVD for repairing your system and your data after a crash. It also aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the partitions of the hard disk. It contains a lot of system utilities (parted, partimage, fstools) and basic ones (editors, midnight commander, network tools). The kernel of the system supports most important file systems (ext2/ext3, reiserfs, reiser4, xfs, jfs, vfat, ntfs, iso9660), and network ones (samba and nfs).
What the disk contains?
* GNU Parted - a tool editing your disk partitions under Linux
* QtParted - Partition Magic clone for Linux.
* Partimage - Ghost/Drive-image clone for Linux
* File systems tools (e2fsprogs, reiserfsprogs, reiser4progs, xfsprogs, jfsutils, ntfsprogs, dosfstools): they allow you to format, resize, debug an existing partition of your hard disk
* Sfdisk allows you to backup and restore your partition table
The download ISO is 123 MB and is based on Gentoo Live CD.
Corgi For Feedly Puts RSS Feeds On Your Android Lock Screen
12 minutes ago